Re: Big brackets/braces, how to draw in Dia?

I see you are struggling with how shapes scale uniformly, and simultaneously, horizontally and vertically - but, you want one that selectively scales vertically but only the line's length, not their width, and the circles not at all.  I am not much of a shape maker, but I can imagine the programming for this is non-trivial.

I think you might be better off to make some of these in various lengths that you like, group them and save them.  They will cut an paste easily.

If you group the circles with a little black or white period, then you can move them casually and they won't change size and shape on you.  But just picking carefully achieves the same thing.

You can of course just change point size for the font for a bracket, but the aspect ratio stays the same rather than stretching the lines.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.  Maybe someone else knows more tricks.