[dia] Align Connected: option missing from Align menu

Hello,

Thanks for developing Dia, it's a very useful tool!

I am having an issue where the Align Connected option is not appearing in the align menu. Help>About says that I am using dia-normal 0.97.2

I have tried with a minimal example of a uml diagram with 3 classes connected with association arrows, A to B to C. The classes are initially not aligned, if I select everything then Objects>Align>Align Connected is missing, and this also happens when I select A and then use Ctrl+Shift+t many times to select various connected objects.

Can anyone help with this?

Best,

Matija