Fwd: python

Anyone?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: python
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:35:52 +0100
From: Xavier Naveira <xavier naveira ongame com>
To: dia-list gnome org <dia-list gnome org>

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get going with dia python. I'm going to create a bunch of
network diagrams, all the diagrams have the same structure but the
names, addresses etc in the labels vary. I do have all the information
in a source accessible via an API and I have already a python library
that gets the information. The idea is to label the objects in the
diagram using a python script.

To begin with I copied the last example in the documentation page
https://live.gnome.org/Dia/Python to the file "~/.dia/python/center.py"
and gave it 755. And that's it, I was expecting an extra option in the
menus but it doesn't show.

I'm using Fedora 17 and installed Dia via repositories (0.97.1).

Should I install python plugin separately? If yes, how? Any help will be
very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Xavier