Re: How to deal with menupath in dia.register_callback()

Thanks Hans. Got the basic idea now.

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:
At 29.06.2013 13:13, Bao Niu wrote:
I tried this in my code:
dia.register_callback("ModKeys", "<Display>/Database/ModKeys", mod_keys())

There is one obvious bug in your code: you are supposed to pass the function as paramter to register_callback, not the return value of your function.

I was expecting that there would be a new menu called "Database" showing up
in the top, but instead it is "ModKeys=>Activate", what is the logic of
menupath here?
- You are not supposed to create top level menu entries
  just from the plug-in
- If you really need such it has to be added to the corresponding
  ui file first (integrate-ui.xml or display-ui.xml)
- The random text in the menu might be an artifact coming from your script.
  In my experiments I haven't seen such.

I couldn't find documentation on this topic in our forum.
> Could anybody please help explain a bit? Many thanks.
If you want help debugging your source it is generally a good idea to provide a minimal working example exhibiting the behavior you don't understand.

get along without it.                -- Dilbert