Problem with Python scripts

Hi,

sorry to interrupt, I am experiencing one problem and I couldn't get it to work. I've installed on Ubuntu the newest dia version, but I haven't been able to run scripts, because as the error says:
File "codegen.py", line 18, in <module>
    import sys, dia
ImportError: No module named dia

As I know from all the libraries of python are under /usr/lib/python2.6/ (I have 2.6). In case though the python support is enabled if you are in the dia directory you normally can import the dia module. But I can't. Can you please tell me if I've done something wrong or what should I try?

I've also tried with the binary version of dia after executing ./configure --with-python and it compiled and built the code normally with python support. Though I could not see any files dia.py or generally a support of python.

Thanks a lot,
Alexis Lekidis