Re: 'Dia' Question

Greetings, Michael Ross!

That did make me wonder if I could use ASCII characters in Dia text, but
not by the usual Alt-0176 method.  I wonder if there is another way to
place ASCII in text?

:) ASCII itself only define 0-127 character range.
But to answer your question in essence, yes.
You can install custom keyboard layout with Level3/AltGr mappings and use many
of the special symbols available in extended character set.
It'll still be limited to these available characters, though.
Which is enough for trivial needs, like 2-3 footnotes, or "km^2" mark, but not
quite effective, when you need a full-blown TeX implementation.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 04.09.2012, <14:06>

Sorry for my terrible english...