Re: Default size for shapes

At 06.11.2012 15:46, Harold wrote:
Dear list,

I'm taking my first steps into making some Dia shapes but I'm having
some trouble with the size of the shapes when you add one to your
layout. Ideally I'd like to create shapes with a predefined size and
that aren't scalable. I'd like to use these shapes to draw electrical
schematics.

If I create a shape with either a size of 1000 or 1, the object is
always the same size when adding them to the layout.

Please take a look into the specification of custom shapes:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes#n109

IIRC this documentation is also included the user manual.

How can I create a smaller shape? Bonus points for telling me how I
can create a non-scalable shape ;)

Having some extra state to enable non-resizable shapes would require some source code modification in the custom shape module, e.g.:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/objects/custom/custom_object.c#n759

It is not part of specification or implementation yet.

HTH,
        Hans