Re: How to place extra connection points

Hi Xavier,

Le mercredi 14 mars 2012 Ã 12:27 +0100, Xavier Marchador a Ãcrit :
I've been reading many posts about how to add extra connection points to
an object.
As far as I've been able to understand, since there's no way to add it
directly from Dia the best way to do it is editing the xml of the .shape
object and add it here.

Since the coordinates are not very friendly, i would suggest to create
manually a new shape.

I've done it and I've managed to add some extra connection points by
creating a new sheet, copying one existing object and modifying its xml.
However, I can't see how to know where the connection point will be
placed. How do you know where to set the coords of the new point? Is
there any visual utility that could help me with that? eg.

why not open your shape within dia? :)

When i create a new shape, i alternatively :
* write the shape in an text editor
* close and reopen dia to visualize the shape

good luck

Ãric