Re: floor plan shapes

As far as I know there is no such thing as free visio stencils.  But, maybe
things have changed.  In the past they were very far from free, and
therefore not freely given.
You are kidding me, right?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/assets/visio/product_visio_icon0900aecd800940c3.html
grep for "Who", read the answer loudly.

Those stencils were available for about 15 years. About 5 years ago
I've asked Cisco Systems to clarify what's the "license" for it and in
a few weeks they replied to me directly and put a notice on the web
site, the one which later was transformed into Q/A.

A very important feature of Dia vis a vis Visio is the fact that you can
make shapes and sheets yourself.
Does it imply "you cannot make shapes/sheets yourself in Visio"?

Did you try to make sheets in Dia, seriously?

If you want some, you have in Dia the tools to make them yourself,
and you can ask for help about how to do it on this list.
I would offer $20 to the first one who publish screencast of doing
WS-X6748-GE-TX faceplate from scratch in Dia using Dia's tools and
asking for help about how to do it on this list, but I doubt anybody
will even try.

I can describe different ways to convert VSS to SVGs though, for
anybody who are not ready to waste their life re-doing everything
yourself.

--
Cheers,
Valek