Re: blank space

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:07:49 -0700, jose mejia <jmejiam7 yahoo com> wrote:

Hi
I finish a diagram but it does not occupy the whole canvas
How to adjust the canvas size to my diagram?
I use File/Page Setup - Fit to 1x1 pages
but the diagram still shows a blank space under it and the canvas

when I save the diagram as EPS and I display it in other app it appears that blank space under it.
how can I get rid of that blank space?

There are two ways to work it around:

What I do is, I export it as a high-resolution PNG file (caveat, there are
more than 1 PNG export filters). The PNG won't have the extra space. This
will allow you to paste it in LibO, Word, or open it in GIMP or PhotoShop
and print it from there at will.

The other way is you can "temporarily" draw a box around the whole
diagram. Let the box be the size of the whole page. As the box is part of
the diagram, it will play with the 1x1-fit algorithm and let you,
indirectly, place the diagrama wherever you want. Just set the box to have
a white background and send it to the back (or unset "fill background")
and you may even want to set the line color to white.

I'd rather have a "center" option in Page Setup. :-)

Hope this helps.

--
Octavio.

Twitter: @alvarezp2000 -- Identi.ca: @alvarezp