Re: A couple of questions - sizing objects and printing

Chris,

welcome back!

On 01/27/2012 01:12 PM, Chris Green wrote:
     It is possible to set the size of an object directly?  I.e. can I
     specify that a rectangle is, say, 4.5 x 6.0 cm?  It can be difficult
     setting an exact size with the mouse.

When you resize objects, the status bar will tell you the dimensions of your objects - are you aware of this feature? Setting the correct grid size and "Snap to Grid" will help you to size your objects quickly and precisely.
See the Dia manual:
http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/canvas-chapter.html#gridlines
For the example you've mentioned, I would switch off the dynamic grid and choose 0.5 for the grid spacing.

Does this information solve your problem?

Regards,

Steffen