Re: Initiating Dia - No Palette

Hi John,

sorry for the late reply.

On 11/20/2011 12:58 PM, John Deakin wrote:
I am running Dia 0.97.1 on Ubuntu 11.10. When I start Dia from the
Ubuntu Dash it comes up without the shape specific palette, only the
simple shapes are shown. If I invoke Dia using "dia --integrated" in a
terminal the palette becomes available but I get the following messages
in the terminal window:
That's strange. How did you install Dia? I just did a test on Ubuntu 11.10 and installed Dia via
the Ubuntu Software Center - it just works fine for me.
"(dia:2124): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "pixmap",
Could you check which gtk2-engines are installed on your system? The package names start with "gtk2-engines" In my case it's "gtk2-engines-murrine".
** (dia:2124): WARNING **: Shape icon
'/home/john/.dia/shapes/Optics/dfb_laser.png' size wrong, cropped.
The optics shapes are a little bit outdated. This is just a warning, though.

Regards,

Steffen