Re: DIA - Labeling arrows

Another work around method is to turn on the background color of the text (regular horizontal text) and drop it over the line where you want it.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com> wrote:
Hello Jim,

I am not aware of a way to do that.

The best workaround is not very flexible: to use the outline text and rotate it manually.

It might be useful when you can't use horizontal lines, but "critical" implies that all the past decade of users were chafing for the function.

Nice thing about open source, if you really want something you can code it yourself, or try to persuade others to code it.  I suspect is is not an easy function to implement given the limitations of the underlying software.  I don't code so I am just speculating.

Hans usually has pithy comments on stuff like this.

Mike