Re: Dia won't run on mac

Jason,

sorry to hear this.

On 09.08.2012 20:56, Alejandro Imass wrote:
On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM, jmarch <jmarch48 gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I have just downloaded Dia and Dia shapes from dia-installer.de

but it won't run on my macbook air !?
I have ran both the MacPorts version and am currently running the
binary from http://dia-installer.de

I run Mac OS X 10.7.4 and it works perfectly
Which version of Mac OS X do you run? Maybe 10.8 Mountain Lion?
In this case you'll have to install X11 first:

* Please install X11 (XQuartz) first - you may even have to logout/login
or reboot after this.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org

* Try to start Dia again.

Right now, you'll also have to adjust a security setting

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

As the current Dia app is unsigned, you'll have to "allow applications downloaded from anywhere".

I'll try to create a signed version in the coming days. Sorry that the installation information on dia-installer.de is currently outdated.

Regards,

Steffen