Re: new subscriber, not sure how to post my query to your list

Dear Leon,

I hope you enjoy Dia.  Sounds like drawing with it will be the least of your problems, if you are getting into db use.

I am not saying you won't get answers to your questions, but mostly your questions are about how to draw a proper chart according the the traditions for that sort of chart.  The questions that appear hear are more like:

I think you should have designed dia to work this way and how could you have been so foolish not to have read my mind?  I demand that you get to work on it.
Why isn't this just like Visio?
And recently, a real knee slapper - why did you rip me off by charging me for your sorry program?

Or the better ones,

How do I get the Dia to print all on one page?
I have this enhancement I would like to try and code, how can we work together?.
Can I help writing the help files?
Can I add a set of shapes to the distro for Dia?
My Dia is messing up when I try to do this thing...here is an example, and my PC is this kind, and my OS it this OS. Help?

You could look at the shapes of a sheet that comes with Dia and think, "my that guy really knows how to make a @#$%^^ chart."  But, he might have been the only person here that knew how to chart in that way, everyone else likes to do it a different way, no one has used those shapes for 10 years, etc.

So it will be sort of random if anyone here knows much about tinyint, for example.

But how to draw with Dia is definitely in bounds.

I think, if I understand you correctly, the red an yellow highlights are about the snapping of objects.  Drag a zigzag line near a circle and it will show red when you are near a connection point that will grab it.  If you then move the circle the line will follow it. If you grab the line not near an end or other grip it will pull the line loose from the connections to other objects it was snapped to.  Not sure what the yellow highlighting is about off the top of my head.

Welcome, hopefully someone else knows just what you are asking about.

Mike