Subject: Re: Dia: Why is it so hard to do simple things?
From: Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Date: Sunday, 11/09/2011 21:11

Hmm.  I guess I wouldn't like that.  Dia doesn't do the same work as GIMP and Inkscape.  Why should they be the same?

GIMP is clearly not for the same work, so wouldn't expect the same interface, Inkscape is closer, but I use it differently - always for page size work.  Dia I use for larger than page size, or perhaps more accurately for free form work.  In Dia I have complete flexibility.   I guess if I could load up an F size sheet I could get by with sheet limits.

I would rather have Inkscape features and functions in Dia rather than Inkscape GUI in Dia.

Mike