Re: dia-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 3

Amen brother.  I would be all OO all the time if I could.  But the sell us Word very cheap at the university so I can fight the tide.

I find Dia to be refreshingly simple, but you have to become familiar with how it works then it is quite efficient.  And once you know the limitations and adapt to them you don't spend a lot of time trying things that don't work well.  Inkscape is a good partner program.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Ron Wilson <wilsonronl gmail com> wrote:
>Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:31:15 -0400
>From: Tech Support Department <tech frontrowcomputer com>
>To: dia-list gnome org
>Subject: Re: Sentience
>The program is clearly demonstrating that
>the average user still does not find the intuitiveness they
>normally expect.  This speaks loudly to anyone interested.  I realize
>that this is someone else's hobby
>project, but I don't think anyone should be surprised at the questions
>asked.  They all center around the
>issue of lacking an intuitive interface.  This could be remedied.

Intutive is relative to what one already knows. If you learn Visio
first, then a similar app that does not have the same controls,
layout, etc, as Visio will feel unintuitive. I can relate to this, as
I learned Visio first, On the other hand, I learned GIMP before
PhotoShop, so PhotoShop feels unintuitive to me. Similarly with other
applications. I learned Word Perfect before I learned MS Word, so MS
Word has always felt unintuitive to me. Indeed, I know a lot of
adanced users of pre-2007 MS Word. They mostly hate Word 2007. They
find it unintuitive. A lot of these people have switched over to
OpenOffice or LibreOffice because either of these is more like
pre-2007 Word than Word 2007 is, therefore, more intuitive.

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross