Re: Dia 0.97.1 cannot be loaded on Mac OSX

Hello Kazuhiko,

sorry to hear about your problem. Your report is quite comprehensive - thanks
for taking the time to write down all this information.

 I installed Dia 0.97.1 for Mac OSX using downloaded installation package.

I assume that you've downloaded the DMG from

http://dia-installer.de/download/macosx.html

When you say "installed" - something might go wrong in the installation phase.
Please also try to run Dia directly from the installation package.

 When I try to start Dia, the icon of Dia appears in Dock, swings few
 times and disappears. And nothing happens after that.

Usually the "Console" gives helpful information in these cases. Applications ->  Utilities ->  Console.
In case you're familiar with Terminals, you may also want to open a terminal and try to start
Dia.app/Contents/Resources/bin/dia

 Could you give me some advice?

Two ideas:

* In case you're operating your Mac in Japanese (or any other non-English locale),
could you try to temporarily switch the locale to English?

* Mixup with GIMP/other libraries
  - Please make sure that you close all programs that use X11/GTK before trying to run Dia.
  - As mentioned before, try to run Dia directly from the DMG
  - If possible, temporarily move your GIMP/GTK+ libraries to a different location (Don't
    do this unless you know exactly what you're doing and how to leave your system libraries alone!)
  - Try to install both GIMP and Dia using MacPorts

Regards,

Steffen