Re: Assisting Development

Hi Sjoerd,

You don't need to ask permission to check out the current code and
start hacking on it -- see if you can understand the structure, find
the places you want to work on, try fixing things you would like fixed
and see how it goes. It's only when you submit your code that it gets
checked, but there's no guarantee that a change that gets submitted
will be accepted, either for quality issues or because the change
takes Dia in a direction that the maintainers don't want it to go.

The best thing to do is to present in advance an idea that you'd
really like to implement, in order to get feedback before you spend
too much time on it.

You can also check Bugzilla for what the main bugs are (and yes,
improving UML is frequently requested).

-Lars (momentarily delurking)