Issues & requests - preamble

Hello,

In the next few minutes I plan to post several messages, with a
list of issues and/or requests in each message.

I do _not_ expect the fixes/features all to be included in Dia in
the short term.

I am hoping for some basic discussion along the lines of:
 1. the fix has already been done in GIT, or
 2. that feature is already in 0.97.1, and here's how you get to
it, or
 3. a Bugzilla entry has already been made for this, or
 4. a Bugzilla entry can be made from this issue description, or
 5. more info is needed in order to troubleshoot this,
 6. etc.

I do not want to submit a bunch of Bugzilla entries that don't pass
tests 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 in the above list.

I am also choosing to bring these up "en masse" because I think
that bringing up only a few at a time for the sake of "politeness"
won't really help anything, but might delay the introduction of
some of the fixes/features into Dia.  Items can be put into
Bugzilla even if they won't be added right away.  I also do not
have the time to make a separate mailing-list message for each
individual item.

I have tried to focus on items that are well-defined and will make
a noticeable improvement in the usability of Dia.

I have omitted issues that I am aware have been discussed on the
mailing list, even if I agree that they should be addressed.  :-)

Please bear with any roughness in the issue descriptions.

For any answers that are #4 above, if I don't get to it in a month
or two, someone might want to do it for me by using copy/paste,
especially if the comment is similar to "This can be done in a day
or two of work, no problem."

Thanks in advance.