Re: snap to a line

At 08.02.2011 19:49, dynvec gmail com wrote:
Hello,

As this is my first message to this list, let me thank you for providing
a way to give user support.
Welcome to dia-list

I'm creating a UML diagram and I need to add an Association Class so
Sorry, I don't know an "Association Class", AFAIK there is only support for Association between classes.

I'll need to link the class to the previous association (of 2 other
classes).I looked at the definitions of the tools on the UML sheet and
nothing seemed to fit
What's wrong with the seventh button in the UML sheet? At least the tooltip "Association, two classed are associated" should give the final hint, even if the icon does not.

so I used a line (on top of the sheet selector),
although I would've preferred to use a UML tool, so I snap one side to
the Association Class and the other I try the best to snap to the middle
colored dot
Are you talking of the orange square or of the cross within the class?

that I hope would have served as an anchor but it seem
there's no way to snap it on the association line.
Usually the lines are snapping to the elements.

Please take a look at the manual, e.g. http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/objects-chapter.html#connecting-objects

I'm reminded of my
failure each time I move one of the 2 previous classes and there's a gap
between the lines. How would you suggest I proceed?

First of all a common understanding of what association are supposed to be would be helpful. (E.g. for me there is no need to associate associations - aka. connect lines with other lines - but association are always between two classes (or other elements))

Another point, although less problematic, the best way I found to create
associations is to use the Aggregation tool then (in its properties)
choose the type none. Is there a better way to create association?

The Aggregation is just a specialiced Association. I usually start Associations from the "Association tool".

HTH,
        Hans