Re: Text editing

At 08.02.2011 10:07, Ismail Hameduddin wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any development on the text editing capabilities of Dia.
Not that I know of.

I use Dia for technical purposes and it would be very handy if I could
subscript/superscript letters and numbers
This would indeed be handy, but at the moment even preconditions like the ability to select only part of a text is missing. I could give some hints for someone interested to implement some improvements.

as well as use the Greek alphabet.
This is possible by using the right input method. If you have a better editor also copy&paste would work.

Of course having full LaTeX compatibility is the best option
I don't think so. At least for the in diagram editing it should remain WYSIWYG ...
but as I understand it, this is a more difficult proposition.
Yeah, embedding TeX even looks like a no-option to me.