Re: pydia & umlattribute: access to right/left connection

At 17.08.2011 12:46, Pierre-Louis Bonicoli wrote:
Hi,

Right_connection and left_connection members of the UMLAttribute
structure are not available from bindings.

The connections are available on the object level, getting the one matching a specific attribute is possible already, although more difficult than your approach. See attached pydia sample.

Here is a patch which allows to access to these connection points with
pydia.

The patch looks basically right on the implementation level to me. But I didn't apply it yet. Bad things would of course happen, if the connectionpoint property would be set. But you rightly do not implement that.

But on the design level I wonder if the extra convenience your patch offers really justifies all the extra complexity.

In attachement, test.py is an example of use.

Comments are welcome :)

Thanks,
        Hans