Re: copy-pasta

At 15.04.2011 15:07, trash tekwissusa com wrote:
Hi,
I just started using dia and I have a questions:

I try to copy a diagram and paste it into openoffice impress.
Did you use "Copy Diagram" on Windows? Which version, which OS?

It doesn’t work, is that expected?
It depends, it doesn't work is not enough information to decide
if it is expected ;). Even on Windows with Powerpoint there are issues,
e.g. the default clipboard format used by Powerpoint is WMF, but that
does loose the text information. At least I need to use "Paste special"
and have to select Enhanced Metafile to get the diagram correctly.

I never checked with Openoffice Impress, though.

How do you import a diagram into openoffice?

Just exporting from Dia and importing into Impress should do the trick.
I would choose a vector format out of svg, wmf, wpg in Dia (in that order) and check what is best supported in Impress.

HTH,
        Hans