Re(2): Python API

At 01.09.2010 15:52, Carlo Calderoni wrote:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2001-July/msg00054.html   here some
info

While this information is probably still valid newer inforamtion is usually better, e.g.:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-November/msg00042.html

with:

http://dia-installer.de/howto/python_win32/ar01s04.html
http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Python
http://projects.gnome.org/dia/
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dia/tree/samples/Self/PyDiaObjects.dia
[ You should look really close to that diagram; the API documentation visible by reflection is used as comments for shown messages. ]
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dia/tree/plug-ins/python

and e.g.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-November/msg00044.html

in python console try a "dir(dia)" and so on on every method and property to
investigate a little deeper

There are other ways as outlined above.

you could also try this script
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/137951-dump-all-the-attributes-of-an-object/
(put it in ~/.dia/python, import in dia python console and try
"dumpObj(dia)" and so on. Maybe some minor editing required)
I found it very usefull

By only reading the code this lloks very similar in appraoch (reflection) as one of my early PyDia scripts http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/pydiadoc.py

Used to create he initial version (and now for updating) the above mentioned diagram.