Re: Exporting Dia-v0.97 --> LaTeX (e.g. pstricks || tikz):

At 05.10.2010 14:45, Ron Wilson wrote:
Maybe a new plug-in is warranted?

From my understanding a new plug-in does exactly solve none of the problems mentioned in the earlier discussion. And it would be an unnecessary code duplication of about 99% of the exisiting plug-in.

I am working on a (different)
plug-in for my own purposes, so I could see what I can do with this
problem. (But I would be using Perl rather than Python. Not sure if
that would be too much of a problem for some people.)

You are writing a Dia plug-in in Perl? It would be very interesting to know how you do this! Is it based on my Language Bindings with SWIG work:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2007-March/msg00092.html

Or did you start from scratch?

>> [...]
The Dia export filter (pgf, pstricks) intentionally escapes to not produce
invalid output. The pass-through mode you are requesting is dropped for
reasons discussed multiple times on this list, e.g.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-August/msg00020.html