Re: custom shapes and lines

Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi Allan,

sorry for the late reply.

When I include my newly defined shape, some how dia overrides the borders
of each and every rectangle within the shape, making them follow the
properties of the object itself. This adds an ugly black border even to
places where no border should be.

The shape export often exports areas and their border twice (because
that's the way
Dia renders things). If you're able to read/edit the XML of your
shapes, you could try to
remove e.g. the border.

Hi,

another reason for duplicated lines is for example rectangle with even
minutely rounded corners - Dia will place two rectangles and some arcs.

For these reasons I think that creating shapes by mere saving from Dia
without extensive external editing produces suboptimal shapes - they
will contain lots of cruft which unnecessarily complicates the shape and
creates problems with changing attributes.

Reading and editing Dia shape's XML is (relatively) easy, always prune
the weed from them before publishing the shape! This also allows you to
assign user-changeable colors and line widths.

Edheldil