Re: News version of DIA

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:31:31 +0200, Steffen Macke wrote:

What do you expect from the next Dia version?

I personally would like to see the working page in a traditional view
(i.e. just the main page; this as an alternative, not as a replacement
to current implementation) and the zoom with the mouse wheel more soft
(fine zoom steps with each wheel pulse, specially when zooming out
more than the working page).

Right now, when I zoom out and then I zoom back in, I can then never
tell where the page has gone and where my drawing is. I don't undestand
the purpose of zooming out that much, viewing thousands of virtual
pages.

The wheel dynamics is not confortable on Windows, so I was curious and
tested Dia on my laptop with a Live Fedora. The result was a horror.
The zoom was not even a poor linear zoom, but just a few jumps from
total in to total out.

I am very used with Visio and I find Dia very promising (that is why I
started to translate its interface, being now at 73%, will finish it
during this year), but "something" feels badly when it comes to
move here and there on my drawing. I suppose the reason is related to
what I have stated above.

(just you asked for :)

Cristi

--