HorizontalLogic sheet beta testers sought

dia-list subscribers:

I've been a big fan of dia for some time, especially for UML, but
I've had a longtime need to draw simple logic diagrams.  Nothing
like a CAD-EE system: just for classroom sketches.

I considered using dia's "Logic" sheet, but for some reason all
of the symbols in that sheet are laid out so that the logic flows
from bottom to top.  All logic I've seen apart from this flows
from left to right, so I wasn't able to use the original sheet.

Instead, I have effectively rotated Logic's sheet, shape, and icon
files 90 degrees clockwise into a new sheet which I've called
"HorizontalLogic".  Combined with dia's excellent connectivity
features, dia now does exactly what I want (better than several CAD
systems I've tried), and I think there might be other users interested
in this.  Its still got some limitations (such as no more than three
inputs to any gate), but as I say: That's good enough for me.

I'm looking for a few dia users who are interested in trying out
HorizontalLogic.  It's easy to install (and remove).  If you have the
time to do so and get back to me by the end of September, please
respond.  Tell me what your system is like (Linux, Windows, MacOS,
etc.) so I can get a diverse mix of beta testers.

If all goes well, I hope to have HorizontalLogic added to the dia
package, but let me know if you consider HorizontalLogic a needless
frivolity or if you would like it to replace Logic (perhaps renaming
Logic as "VerticalLogic").

I don't have time right now to add any more features than are already
in Logic, but I'll add such requests to a wish list.

     - Bob Lewis
       School of EECS
       Washington State University