Python-Scripting in Dia

Hi Guys,

I am building an application for storing data as semantic network.
I would like to use Dia as of front-end.
(ie, a gui for a semantic database)

For that purpose, I wanted to write a python script that asks the backend for data and creates a diagram representing the network.

Unfortunately, after hours of searching, documentation/faq/mailing-list-archive reading I couldnt find a way, how to create diagram objects via the python interface.

I know, how to get information from the diagram, but not how to add new objects (like a flowchart-box, etc).

perhaps I am blind...

If so, I'd appreciate some help / information on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Florian