Simple right angle line

Is there a way to make the zig-zag line (or some other line if that's the way to do it) remain a hard right angle made of two lines only? The zig-zag will move from a right angle to a zig-zag and the connection point will not line up properly. I then have to eye-ball the line (at high magnification) to get it to stay centered off the box it is departing from. Sometimes the snap to right angle works, but sometimes it does not, or I move the box and the right-angleness is lost.

I just have not seen how to do this...."Keep this line in two pieces forever, no matter what--never make it have that third movable piece"

Thanks-

Jim Clark