Dia for windows stability?

Title: Dia for windows stability?

Hi All,  I’ve been using Dia  for a while (great platform by the way) and have recently been porting some of the diagrams for use within our groups who use Windows.  The Dia windows port available here:

http://dia-installer.de/index_en.html

(both the .94 version and the 0.96 version) seems to be extremely buggy for some reason under Windows XP Pro SP2. Its buggy to the point that its not really usable. I have tried this both natively and under vmware. The same .dia files read/write perfectly fine on the fink/darwinports version of Mac OS X, linux as well as the cygwinports windows version.

 I unfortunately don’t have a MS compiler here but I’d be willing to help someone do someone do some debugging with regards to sorting out what exactly is going on. Is there a newer version of this that is available? The files I am generating are actually pretty complex (100 megs or so compressed) and it may be tripping up against a bug somewhere..

-regards,
-avi