Re: script to export images

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Carl Karsten<carl personnelware com> wrote:
I have a diagram with 7 layers.  I need to export 6 png images with
the following layers visible:

base [5]
crowdcam [3,5]
sound_cam [1,3,4,5]
sound_alsa [1,2,3,5]
monitor [1,2,3,5,6]
streaming [1,2,3,5,6,7]

If I make a change, I need to export again.  If I make a change to
layer 5, I need to export all 6.  If I need to export to a different
format (svg), all 6 again.  This is getting annoying.  How can I write
some python that will do this?  It is specific to this .dia, so I
wouldn't want it made part of the .dia system, although if keeping it
external is any sort of hassle, I don't really care if it lives in my
Dia.

RTFM:

"""
If you want to automate post processing such slide show, you can use
--show-layers command line switch. For example: dia
--show-layers=Background,Slide3 --filter=eps-builtin --export=foo.eps
foo.dia  will export the Background and Slide3 layers, i.e. the eps
output has only these two layers and none others.
"""

doh.

--
Carl K