Re: Newer python for plugin question

At 17.07.2009 09:16, leledumbo wrote:
I already know why Dia sticks with python 2.3 for plugins due to msvcrtXX.dll
issue. But I wonder why GIMP can do the same with newer python versions?
Does Dia uses different plugin mechanism from GIMP?
Yes. Dia's plug-ins all run in-process, so it embedds Python.

Can't the idea be stolen from them?
No. GIMP plug-ins are running out-of-process. And the PyGimp scripts are all running in there own Python process.