Dia 0.97 with python on windows

Access Glide Applications Here
The problem: I've installed python 2.3.5 but dia 0.97 setup does not let me click the "python plugin" box

I've read the FAQ and your mailing list archives for "python" to no avail.

Here's my details:
Running vista home premium
Python 2.6.4 was already installed (and works fine)
I installed dia 0.97 and did not attempt to check the "python plugin" box -- I guess I assumed I could
  change it somehow in a preference setting
After noting that python support was missing and after looking at the FAQ and searching the archives
  I uninstalled dia
I installed python 2.3.5 but I only installed the interpreter & libraries, did not "register file extensions" or
  "create a start menu" or "compile to .pyc", and I did a "non-admin" install -- I do >not< want to mess
  up python 2.6.4 with this old python release
I re-ran the dia 0.97 setup
It will not let me check the python plugin box

So... there must be something more I have to do to get dia to recognize that python 2.3.5 >is< installed.
Can anyone help?

Thank you for your time.

Dave

The sender of this email will be notified when you view, download or edit the attached files.