ID Recalculation

Hello all,

First of all, I want to tell you I think your work is pretty good! :)

I'm using Dia to create diagrams I'll use as an input to a program. For accomplishing this, I parse the resultant xml and mix it with an internal structure. I use 'id' attribute in 'dia:object' tags to match the xml object with the saved internal object. The problem I found is that, when I delete a object, it seems the id is recalculated, so all internal objects are now invalid.
Does it works that way? Is it possible to change Dia not to do this recalculation?

Thanks and keep the excellent work!

(Sorry about my english, by the way. It's not my native language :S )

Luis