Re: git, ChangeLog

At 18.04.2009 10:06, Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi,

the switch from svn to to git was mentioned on the mailing list before.

> [...]
Apologies, if I missed something. I'm a git beginner :-)

Me too ;) Thus I'm working on some nice win32 git gui and am writing down what I learn along the way. See: http://hans.breuer.org/gtk/gtk-git.html

More information on the GNOME git usage is available here:

http://live.gnome.org/Git

Lars: Would it be a lot of effort for you to switch the ChangeLog daemon
from svn to git?

Of course it should not just try to diff the ChangeLog because that is to be deprecated: http://live.gnome.org/Git/ChangeLog

The main reason for *not* using the ChangeLog is it producing conflicts with almost every merge you try.

Regards,
        Hans