Re: > 2 million Dia for Windows downloads; Are signed Windows installers important for you?

On Tue, September 23, 2008 1:47 pm, Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi,

Are you volunteering to pay for a signed installer?

Otherwise it would be pointless to ask this question.
If there is serious feedback that signed installers are "a good thing"
and worth going for, I'll try to "rent" a signing certificate. I understand
that the cost ist something like USD 100/year.

Regards,

Steffen

I use other Windows open source software and I have never seen a signed
certificate.
I think even the installer for video drivers from nvidia.com is not signed.