Re: Wishlist

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Lars Ræder Clausen wrote:

> One thing Iÿÿm missing is an info box in the corner of printouts
> showing: Date, revision, project name.

A generalized version of that would be to have a text-like object that is replaced by a specific thing, such as date or revision or username. Not that there is a revision counter in the diagrams, though. We're a little short on metadata.

Support for something like this would be great. I've dealt with it by creating my drawings from a template with the drawing footer on a separate layer. The footer is a bunch of lines grouped together, and it has several "text fields". It's not true text fields of course, it's just text that I manually edit. An improvement would be a special kind of object with text attributes instead.

regards,
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr