Re: trying in vain to paste

On Jun 5, 2008, at 6:00 AM, roger stein wrote:

Hi.  I see your edit menu includes paste, yet when I have something on my clipboard to paste, the paste option is that sickly pale color that signifies it is comatose and won't be active anytime soon, which proves to indeed be the case when you click it.  Nothing.  I tried to paste both ordinary text from Jarte (which is a souped-up Wordpad) and mathematical text from TeXaide.  Neither could be pasted.  I tried doing it after clicking on the dia text icon, in several permutations (with and without then clicking on a spot) and without clicking on the dia text icon.  Nothing worked.  I'm really curious to see how this is done.  I thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

In 0.96, paste only means paste Dia objects. If you are editing an object with text (like the default text object), you can use Paste Text to paste text into that object. I honestly don't remember if the development version understands paste as creating a text object if there's no Dia object in the cliboard, but it could.

-Lars