Re: Differentiating between Connectors and Objects

Diagram Auto-Layouting [1], basically the "connections" act like
springs and the "objects" act like repulsive charges. A simulation is
ran and as the system approaches an equilibrium state, the diagram
starts "looking good" and well "layouted".

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_based_layout

PS: Using the algorithms used by "dot" (graphviz) is not really an
option for me, it is my bachelor thesis so the tasks are pretty
specific.