Re: Poor website - poor product

Problem partially resolved, see below.

On 28 Dec 2007 at 0:00, wrobillard earthlink net wrote:

   ^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, if you don't like our website you'll hate our mail server. :-)

The link specified in the text

Up to date RPMs for various distributions can be found at Ximian.
Up to date packages can also be generated from the source by
running "rpmbuild -ta dia-*.tar.gz".

Please rewrap your lines before you send your messages. If you want
to occupy the moral high ground, it helps if you yourself only use
impeccable software to communicate with us.

on the page
http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Download
does not work.

I should not have to tell someone that. Someone should be
monitoring the links constantly. This is a sloppy site. I
expect the "product" is also. Don't use the excuse that you
are doing it for free as a "service" or some such other crap.
Fix it or close it.

Your suggestion that the way an organization maintains its website
reflects upon the entire organization is a valid one. Your claim that
the outbound links should just work is correct. Your tone of voice
needs much work.

Working on the assumption that the link is actually broken
(robillard earthlink net reported on Dec. 28, I verified on Jan. 10)
I have removed the offending link wholesale, since I could not
discover its new location. Perhaps Linux users who are more in the
know of where to find RPMs of Dia can restore the text and link once
they've discovered a working link.

Don't most packages have download managers today though (like get-apt
for Debian)? Perhaps it would be enough to recommend users to use
these.
--
branko collin
collin xs4all nl