Re: Basic Install Problem on Windows XP

Herman van Beek wrote:
OS: Windows The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction Pro, Version 2002, Service Pack 2

Tried to install http://downloads.sourceforge.net/dia-installer/dia-setup-0.96.1-7.exe. Downloaded file and double-clicked on it. Get Error message about NTVDM CPU encountering an illegal instruction.

Looked in FAQ and last 6 months of messages but no luck. What is missing on my system or what am I doing wrong?

Are you running this program from a command prompt? if so it appears you are launching it via command.com (the windows 16 bit shell) and it is therefore trying to run via the NTVDM (NT Virtual Dos Machine).

make sure you are using cmd.exe as the command shell.

Thanks and regards,
Herman