Re: Compiling with MinGW

Hi,

Is compiling with MinGW still supported? If yes, where is it covered?
The

To my best knowledge, there was never a fully functional Dia MinGW build.

Fedora is currently investing a lot in MinGW [1] and for Fedora 11 [2], we
should have a rather decent base of application that can be built with
MinGW.

Right now, we are able to compile functional builds of apps like Inkspcape
[3] or Virt-Manager [4].

One should definitely give Dia a try.

Richard Jones' blog [5] contains more informations about compiling with
MinGW in Fedora.

Regards,

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/MinGW
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler
[3]
http://camltastic.blogspot.com/2008/10/mingw-inkscape-cross-compiled-from.html
[4]
http://camltastic.blogspot.com/2008/10/mingw-its-got-icon-and-it-works.html
[5] http://camltastic.blogspot.com/search/label/mingw

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin