Re: handling properties of multiple objects

On 12/3/08, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe <sameerds gmail com> wrote:

Now here's a new way to track object copies, that tackles both these
issues: instead of keeping a copy of the object in the dialog, we
extend the property description itself, to carry a copy of the object
from which it was derived. As a result, no matter how many objects are
involved, only one object is used for updating the widget for each
property.

Errr ... saw the problem with this immediately after posting the mail.
If multiple prop descriptions are originally derived from the same
object, then each will have a copy of that object. So instead of one
kind of memory overuse, we end up with another kind.

I guess a new property dialog remains the only alternative. The memory
bloat involved with huge groups will have to be tackled when it does
actually become painful.

Sameer.
--
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/