Re: 2 Ques. - object placement; printing

I have less heartache if I just make screen dumps and print using an image management program.  I have a very old demo of one called LViewPro that I like a lot for down and dirty image manipulation and printing.

However, you need to use a color for the page breaks that contrasts with your background color.  Then the grid you see represents the area inside the margins.  No WYSIWYG.  If you go over the lines you are causing another sheet to be used.   I have no idea if you can limit printing to only one of several sheets, which is what you asked for.

Open source image programs I like are Inkscape and Gimp.  Both are superb.  Printing can be a little uncertain with open source and Windows OS machines in my experience, hence the screen dump habit.

Mike