Re: Units in dia

1. Go to Diagrams/Properties/Colors and set the Page break color to something that contrasts with the grid and backgroound.

2.  I believe some someone  said the rulers are always in cm and cannot be changed.  I just did a little experiment.

My page set up is set to Letter - 8.5 x 11 inches.  The margins are all 2.54cm (1 inch).  This means that between the page brake lines are 9 inches vertically and indeed the ruler says the page break distance is 9 inches (22.06cm).

I will let you do the rest, but I bet if you make it 11x17 the vertical breaks will be 15 inches (38.1 cm) apart.

3.  I haven't check the line widths, but I believe they are in mm.  I think those units are shown in the Properties windows.

4.   No idea.  I usually get screen dumps of my diagrams and make jpegs from them.  I find that print drivers for Windows seem to hate Dia output.  maybe that is inaccurate, but I lose patenicen quickly, and go with methods I can get dependable results form. I may put these diagrams images into Inkscape or The Gimp for other functions.  I can yank, stretch and distor the images in those programs in the context of any size paper I want which is useful.  Then I make yet another screen dump to jpeg.  Jpegs are small and can be freely read read and used in many other contexts.

mike