A tiny question

Amid all the questions of the major changes coming in, this is pretty tiny. But it is something I'd like to know.

I want all my text boxes to be the same size. When I am entering text, especially in diamond shaped boxes, when I hit "return" to move down to the next line, if my line is too long, the box will grow to accommodate it. But it is hard to know beforehand if that will happen. And once it does, there is no way to recover, at least as far as I know. CTRL-Z undoes the "return" but not the box expansion. I just delete the box and start over.

I would like to have the return fail, or it squeeze the text beyond my margins, or something, if this would be possible. It just annoys me to have to start over when my line is one character too long. Now this is not a big deal, but if there's some way to stop/prevent it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks-

Jim Clark