Re: Dia and python - scripting question

On 26.08.2007 12:58, Dirk Westfal wrote:
Hi all,

i`m looking for a way to create a couple of diagramms that show the
evolvement of our network infrastructure over the last 10 years.

Since this would be a very timeconsuming task to do manually (couple
hundred objects), i`m looking for a way to script this in python.

I basically need the following functions:
- create objects/object groups (eg: router with text description)
done in many Python scripts delivered with Dia, e.g. aobjects.py, bbox.py,
... groups ony in diasvg_import.py
- connect objects to other objects (eg: router to network cloud object)
- connect objects with lines
e.g. doxrev.py
- change properties of an existing object/ objectgroup/ part of an
objectgroup (eg: shape, linestyle, text etc.)
again: done in many included scripts
- arrange objects relative to another (eg: connect a bunch of
computers to a network cloud)
e.g. aobjects.py or pydiadoc.py
- collision detection ( a wish...)
here you will be on your own, AFAIK.

Could someone point me to examples / has anyone done something like this yet?

Could you look at the stuff included with Dia first? :)

Regards,
        Hans