Re: svg export -- tricks on font rendering by Firefox

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 07:00:30PM +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:
I make tests on Firefox, and found appropriates values for text
elements:
we need to:
  -- divide the font-size value by 53
  -- add "mm" to the font-size

53???  Let's give that a swing... attached is a screenshot of what that
looks like in Firefox 1.5 (scaled down a bit).  Is 2.0 better at this?

Yes :)
please correct font-size unit as "cm"
(and I join a patch with 'pt' as unit, and a different factor)

I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about improving SVG if a) different
renderers would actually agree on how it's rendered (especially text),
and b) the sizes I provide in the SVG are not blatantly ignored.

It is perfect for iceweasel (firefox 2 renamed for Debian),
but not for other renderers, comprised dia itself.

Note it is perfectly rendered by inkscape, the svg editor.

I join the patch, the dia and svg files and a -f-e-w- lot of screenshots.

--
Thomas Harding